Practical steps you can take to manage discoid eczema symptoms include
• Avoiding soaps, detergents, liquid soaps, bubble bath, shower gels, and wet wipes. Opt for a gentle emollient soap substitute.
• Protecting your skin from minor cuts, wearing gloves to prevent potential triggers for discoid eczema.
• Opting for daily lukewarm baths or showers, using an emollient during washing, and applying skin treatments afterward.
• Resisting the urge to scratch eczema patches, maintaining clean hands, and keeping fingernails short to reduce the risk of unintentional skin damage or infection.
• Following the instructions of your GP or pharmacist regarding the use and application of prescribed treatments.